Clash of Clans is of the top most played game available for major platforms running smartphones and tablets. If you have already installed Clash of Clans on your Android smartphone and facing the app crashing issue on your device with a sudden annoying message “Unfortunately Clash of Clans has stopped” pops up. So there you’ll try to fix this error as soon as possible because it comes on an addictive game you don’t normally pass your day without playing it.
In this quick fix guide we will help all those players of Clash of Clans game, who are facing the “Unfortunately Clash of Clans has stopped” error on their Android devices. There can be multiple reasons which lead to the sudden crashing or freezing of app with the annoying message.
We have faced this error multiple times and finally got a solution for it. Once you start getting this stubborn error on your device you won’t be able to use Clash of Clans properly and it will pop up each time you open the game app. So in order to get rid of this annoying situation, we have decided to write this quick solution(that worked for us) for all those who want to fix the Clash of Clans crashing issue on their devices. Here is what we have done to fix the Unfortunately Clash of Clans has stopped issue on our device.
How to fix “Unfortunately Clash of Clans has stopped error” on Android
The quick methods to fix Clash of Clans issues involve clearing the application’s cache, data and re-installing the app. Let’s start with the first one and see if it works for you, the same way it worked for us.
1. Clear Cache
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- From the list of Settings > Tap on ‘Apps’ and locate the Clash of Clans
- Tap on Clash of Clans and then tap on “Storage”
- In the storage section, tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Reboot your device once done with it. Now open Clash of Clans from App drawer and see if the problem is fixed. If it is still there, just re-install the update by following the process below.
2. Re-install the app
- Open Google Play Store and search for Clash of Clans app.
- Now tap Uninstall to make it eligible for re-installing the app.
- Once the app has uninstalled, now click on the install button to install the app again.
If the above mentioned quick fixes did not fix the issue, then you may need to detect additional issues which are not letting the app to work. Here a few possible reasons.
3. Make sure Your device is running on the latest firmware
- Try to update your device on latest firmware, sometime the older firmware is not compatible with the latest version of Clash of Clans app. You can see the compatibility of Clash of Clans in the App details section on Google Play.
- If you are running a custom ROM then switch to the stock firmware, because custom ROMs cannot be 100% stable like manufacturer’s stock firmware.
Despite following our all suggestions if the app still doesn’t work for you, just drop an email to Clash of Clans Team to ask if they can work on providing support for your device or the version of OS You are running on your device.
Want more? Just follow our tips and tricks category to see latest tips and more.