It’s the last week of May and now Motorola has started seeding May 2019 security patch for Motorola One Power units around the Globe. It’s seems pretty late but one thing is obvious, “better late then never”. The update is available to download as build PPTS29.74-41-4, but if you are already running the April security patch then you’ll be getting the OTA anytime soon.
The May security patch is based on Android 9.0 Pie, so it doesn’t bring anything major to discus except latest security patch and a few under the hood improvements. The update seems a minor one but still it is always recommended to update your device on latest monthly security patch.
Device Name: Motorola One Power
Device Model: xt1942-1/xt1942-2
OS update: Android 9 Pie
Build number: PPTS29.74-41-4
Android Security Patch Level: 01 May, 2019
If you wish to update your device without waiting for the OTA just follow the steps below.
Here is how to get the update on your device
- Tap the Settings icon in the apps drawer.
- In the Setting menu, head to the “About phone” section.
- Now select tap on “System updates” and check for the available system updates.
- Tap on Download if it notifies you of the update, and let it install automatically.
- As we mentioned above that only stock un-rooted device is eligible for the update, don’t waste your device waiting for the OTA if your device is rooted, it will never gonna happen you need to switch to manual firmware installation.
Note: If you get OTA update right on your device, then before installing the update it is mandatory to charge your device minimum at 60% to avoid shut down. Good Luck 🙂