Nokia 3 was launched with Android Nougat on board, later it received Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade and then Android 8.1. The Android Pie update for Nokia 3 was already expected long ago, Nokia after seeding Android Pie for Nokia 3.1 and 3.1 Plus, now finally started distributing sweetness of Android Pie for the Nokia 3 variants. Nokia 3 Android Pie update is available to download as build v5.120 and brings May 2019 security patch as well.
The update brings latest security patch as well as goodies of Android Pie update for the Nokia 3 owners. The update brings certain new features including Adaptive Battery feature, App Actions, Adaptive Brightness, new features in Do Not Disturb mode, gesture-based navigation and a lot more.
Device name: Nokia 3
OS: Android 9.0 Pie
Software version: V5.120
SPL: May 2019
Firmware type: Stable
The wait is over! Keeping up with our promise of 2 years of Android updates, Nokia 3 (2017) is now officially running on Android 9 Pie! Step up to Nokia smartphones, they Just Keep Getting Better! #GetSmart #Nokiamobile pic.twitter.com/Xz1JXt2Cet
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) June 3, 2019
Download Android Pie V5.120 for Nokia 3
The update is rolling out now at the time of writing, you can download the V5.120 OTA directory and install it manually on your phone. One more thing don’t get impatient to get the OTA right away on your device because depending upon regional delays the update’ll take some days to reach all users.
If you are already running Android Pie beta, head to Settings > About phone > system updates. Check for the new updates if available, non beta users must check via same method.
Install Android Pie V5.120 on Nokia 3 manually
- Grab the Android Pie OTA package for your Nokia 3 from the link below.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and copy the downloaded firmware update package to the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your device and open the dialer app on your device.
- Enter the following code in the dialer app to flash Pie OTA on your Nokia 3. *#*#874#*#*
- Follow the onscreen instructions and start the installation process.
- Once the process is done, simply reboot your device.
Firmware: Link will be active soon
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Nokia 3 on Android 9.0 Pie update. Stay tuned for more updates!