Finally after a long wait, HMD Global has started seeding Android 9.0 Pie for it’s Nokia 8. The stock Pie update for Nokia 8 is available to download as software version v5.140 and brings February 2019 security patch too. In this guide, you will be able to download Nokia 8 official Android Pie v5.140 update and install it manually on your device within a few minutes.
HMD Global is always quicker in releasing firmware updates for it’s devices. While multiple OEMs are struggling to release the update, decent number of Nokia phones have already got updated to Android Pie, these devices include Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6.1/6.1 Plus, Nokia 8 and Nokia 6.1 Plus. The OTA is now available to download, just read more to manually install Android Pie update on Nokia 8.
The update brings latest security patch as well as goodies of Android Pie update for the Nokia 8 owners. The update brings certain new features including Adaptive Battery feature, App Actions, Adaptive Brightness, new features in Do Not Disturb mode, gesture-based navigation and a lot more.
Device name: Nokia 8
OS: Android 9.0 Pie
Software version: v5.140
Firmware type: Stable
Download Android Pie v5.140 OTA on Nokia 8 via OTA
The update is rolling out now at the time of writing, you can download the v5.140 OTA directory and install it manually on your phone. One more thing don’t get impatient to get the OTA right away on your device because depending upon regional delays the update’ll take some days to reach all users.
If you are already running Android Pie beta, head to Settings > About phone > system updates. Check for the new updates if available, non beta users must check via same method.
Install Android Pie v5.140 update on Nokia 8 manually
- Grab the Android Pie OTA package for your Nokia 8 from the link below.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and copy the downloaded firmware update package to the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your device and open the dialer app on your device.
- Enter the following code in the dialer app to flash Pie OTA on your Nokia 8. *#*#874#*#*
- Follow the onscreen instructions and start the installation process.
- Once the process is done, simply reboot your device.
Download the firmware: Link will be active soon
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Nokia 8 on Android 9.0 Pie update. Stay tuned for more updates