It’s the first week of August, and Essential Phone team has started dropping latest monthly security patch for their device. A new update carrying August 2019 security patch with build PQ1A.190105.112 is released for Essential Phone PH-1, not only this but it also brings fixes for issues in the firmware. Just follow our guide to download and install the latest August 2019 security patch for Essential Phone. The update also brings some under the hood improvements and bug fixes in the firmware.
The update brings fixes in various department including Bluetooth fix for Audio, random reboots fix and comes with fresh monthly patches. Since Essential Phone has a good history of receiving quicker updates and now here is the latest August 2019 security update released for Essential Phone PH-1. Just keep reading the article to download the PQ1A.190105.112 OTA / Factory image along with the process to install it on your device.
Essential Phone August 2019 update announcement on Twitter:
August security update is now available for Open Market and Sprint users. Check your Essential Phone for the update. pic.twitter.com/Doc5I2Zvou
— Essential (@essential) August 5, 2019
- Device Name: Essential Phone
- Device Model: PH-1
- OS update: Android 9.0 Pie
- Build number: PQ1A.190105.112
- Android Security Patch Level: August 2019
Download August 2019 PQ1A.190105.112 update for Essential Phone
The update is heading to the eligible devices, if you think your device is un-rooted then the OTA is heading to your phone anytime soon. If you think you got zero patience in your DNA then head to the process mentioned below.
- Tap the Settings icon in the apps drawer.
- In the Setting menu, head to the “About phone” section.
- Now select tap on “System updates” and check for the available system updates.
- Tap on Download if it notifies you of the update, and let is install automatically.
- As we mentioned above that only stock un-rooted device is eligible for the update, don’t waste your device waiting for the OTA if your device is rooted, it will never gonna happen you need to switch to manual firmware installation.
Note: If you get OTA update right on your device, then before installing the update it is mandatory to charge your device minimum at 60% to avoid shut down.
How to install August 2019 PQ1A.190105.112 OTA on Essential Phone via adb-fastboot
- Set up adb and fastboot drivers on PC by following our guide.
- Download the OTA zip from the link below and move it to the internal storage of your device
Here is the separate tutorial for your ease, just see instructions here to flash August 2019 update zip via adb-sideload
However for factory image installation see the steps below.
How to install August 2019 factory image on Essential Phone
For installation through this process, the bootloader on your device should be unlocked.
Step 1: Download the factory image for your device from the link below.
Step 2: Extract the factory image zip on your PC
Step 3: Run the flash-all.bat file on windows PC.
Step 4: If you are on Mac/Linux then run the file flash-all.sh.
Wait for the process to complete.
That’s it! If you find any difficulty in the update process let us know, and don’t forget to share this guide with others.