Samsung has recently introduced it’s latest One UI for it’s 2017/2018 devices. The new UI is released along with the latest Samsung’s Android Pie update, it comes with optimized features and with the main focus on the one handed usage of the device especially devices with longer displays which are quite the rage these days. Luckily Android Pie update for OnePlus 6 and 6T is also released so if you want to access the One UI feature on OnePlus 6/6T then we are glad to tell you that Samsung’s One UI for OnePlus 6/6T is now available, credit goes to a developer ProtoDeVNan0 at XDA who has brought a Samsung One UI port to the OnePlus 6/6T. Just keep reading the guide to see instructions to flash Samsung One UI Ported ROM on OnePlus 6 or 6T.
Features of One UI ported ROM for OnePlus 6/6T:
The One UI makes it easier to interact with the onscreen instructions and features, it is configured as the upper half of the screen is called viewing area and the lower half is the interaction area. So if you own a devices with giant display you don’t need to touch the viewing area all the settings are present in the interaction area. The One UI ROM is based on the Note 9’s N960USQU1CSAA firmware, and heavily de-bloated only the necessary apps are includes in the build. The ROM is pretty stable and most of the features are working fine, for more details and see the status of ROM visit the XDA forum. The build also includes Samsung features such as the Always on Display, Night Mode, Samsung apps and full-screen gestures.
Download and install Samsung One UI ported ROM for OnePlus 6/6T
Before you begin:
TWRP recovery must be installed on your device, if you haven’t follow the guides below.
We recommend you make a secure backup of current firmware with all it’s data, here are the instructions to make a Nandroid backup.
Samsung One UI ported ROM for OnePlus 6/6T. Download
Screenshot of the ROM:
Instructions to install Samsung One UI ported ROM on OnePlus 6/6T
1. Extract the content of the downloaded ROM zip on any convenient location on the desktop.
2. Now it’s the time to boot your phone into fastboot mode, to do so, turn off your device completely and press Power + Vol Down button together for a few seconds until you see fastboot mode.
3. Now double-click on flasher_windows.bat to run the script and wait for it to complete.
4. Now reboot your device into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off your device completely and press Power + Vol Down button together for a few seconds until you see recovery mode. Here is a brief tutorial for your assistance.
5. Connect your device to PC once again and copy the One UI backup folder from the extracted zip file on your computer to the TWRP/backups/ directory on your OnePlus 6/6T.
6. Now tap on Restore in the TWRP menu and choose the ROM content you transferred above.
7. Wait for the process to complete and reboot your device after completion.
That’s it! Never connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and skip all the steps, and once you get to the home screen, make sure to install the Chrome.APK file included in the ROM zip file else Google Play Store won’t work on the device.