A bit late, but finally it’s here. Verizon started rolling out Android Pie update for LG V40 units bonded on it’s network. Official Android 9.0 Pie update for Verizon LG V40 ThinQ is available to download as software version V405UA20a and comes with April 2019 security patch and goodies of Android 9 Pie update. In this article you’ll be able to download V405UA20a KDZ for Verizon LG V40 ThinQ to flash it manually on your device without waiting for the OTA. Just continue reading the guide to see the instructions.
LG V40 ThinQ V405UA20a Android Pie update: Features
The stock Pie update for LG V40 ThinQ is a major jump from Oreo to Pie so it’s needless to mention that the update comes with goodies of Android Pie including Swipe Gesture navigation, Rotation suggestion, Adaptive Battery and Adaptive Brightness. Other goodies include Smart replies, Text selection, App actions, Redesigned Quick Setting tiles and Notification Panel, Redesigned Volume Options and lot more.
Here the official details mentioned on Verizonwireless.
Home touch buttons with gesture:
- Just swipe up to switch to Overview or App drawer. Swipe right to move to the most recently used app.
Use the Volume keys for media:
- The Volume keys now adjust from ringtone volume to media volume by default.
Show lockdown option:
- In the lockdown mode, biometrics cannot be used, all lock screen notifications are hidden, and Smart Lock turns off. Press and hold the Power key and select Lockdown.
What’s new in Camera?
The Cine shot:
- Easily make cinemagraphs and take still photographs with a minor repeated movement.
- Record a video with up to five scenes in slow motion. You can also edit which parts to play in slow motion and change the speed.
- When AI CAM detects a person, it suggests the best composition.
- Lets you take a selfie with better composition and background exposure.
- Go live with YouTube Live directly from LG Camera.
What’s new in Gallery?
Screenshot with URL:
- Screenshots contain a URL so that you can revisit the website from where the screenshot was taken (supported with Chrome).
Intelligent Gallery zoom:
- For a photo taken in Portrait, touching and holding on it temporarily removes the blur.
- Lets you move photos or jump to other Gallery albums quickly.
Home screen lock:
- Prevents apps and widgets from unintentionally being rearranged or removed.
- Lets you use two of the same apps simultaneously with different accounts. This feature works with Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, KakaoTalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger, Hike Messenger, ICQ, Zalo and Snapchat.
- Keeps games and game-related shortcuts in one place.
Pin to screen:
- Take a screenshot with Capture+ and pin it to the screen to use the information in other apps or screens.
- Shows notifications in a lighted bubble using only a portion of the screen. The whole screen does not have to wake up to show notifications.
Device Name: LG V40 ThinQ
OS update: Android 9.0 Pie
Software version: V405UA20a
Android Security Patch Level: April, 2019
Download Verizon LG V40 ThinQ V405UA20a Pie OTA
The update is heading to the eligible devices, if you think your device is un-rooted then the OTA is heading to your phone anytime soon. If you think you got zero patience in your DNA then head to Settings > About device section and there check for latest system updates if available.
How to install Android Pie V405UA20a KDZ on Verizon LG V40 ThinQ via LG UP
Download the KDZ file from the link below.
Once you successfully downloaded the official Pie KDZ file just head to the guide and follow instruction to install the stock Pie KDZ via LG UP.
Download V405UA20a Pie KDZ
Stay tuned for more updates and give us your feed back about the Pie taste on your LG V40 ThinQ. If you are facing any difficulty during the installation process just drop your comment below or contact us via email.