If you are looking to install MIUI fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi device via Mi flash tool then have got you covered. Latest version of Mi Flash Tool for Windows 10, 8, and 7 is now available to download, just read more to download Mi Flash tool a.k.a miflash tool to install fastboot ROM on all Xiaomi/Redmi devices.
The emerging Chinese manufacturer, Xiaomi provides it’s devices with the proper firmware support, which includes download links for the latest stock firmware for manual flashing. The Xiaomi firmware comes in two types, one is called recovery ROM and the other is Fastboot ROM.
The recovery ROM can be flashed normally on the device via stock recovery but in order to flash the Fastboot ROM you will need to download the Mi Flash tool for PC and then install the fastboot ROM via this tool. Beside downloading the Miflash tool we have also mentioned the process to manually install the fastboot ROM on Xiaomi devices via Miflash tool.
More details about Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool.
Mi Flash tool (XiaoMiFlash) is a utility software released officially by Xiaomi, which mean you can trust this software. The tool works with fastboot connection between the phone and the PC, thus you can perform multiple tasks including flashing new software, erasing the device or even modifying the settings. The tool can also used if you have accidentally bricked your device and stuck at bootloop, thus flashing stock firmware with miflash tool gets it back to life again. The tool is specially built for Qualcomm-powered Xiaomi and Redmi devices to flash fastboot ROM.
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool Features:
The tool is super easy to install, because it comes with .msi format that means you just need to click the onscreen instructions to install Mi Flash tool on your PC.
Unlike other tools, the Miflash tool comes with in-built USB drivers to establish a smooth connection between the PC and device.
The MiFlashtool allows you to connect more then one devices simultaneously.
The miflash tool offers three different flashing modes
Clean all: All user data will be wiped but the device bootloader will stay unlocked.
Save user data: All user data will be saved. The lock state will vary with the device model after flashing.
Clean all and lock: All user data will be cleaned and the bootloader will be locked.
Before you begin:
- As mentioned above only Qualcomm devices are supported at the moment.
- In order to use mi flash tool you need to unlock bootloader on your device first. Here are the instruction to unlock it officially.
- Your device battery much be charged up to 60% to avoid shutdown during the process.
- A working USB data cable is required.
Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool for Windows
Note: Mi Flash Tool v2018.5.28.0 comes as a portable software so all you need to do is just extract the file and use.
If you want to install the tool on your device then download the miflash tool from the link below.
Download Mi Flash Tool v7.4.25.msi installer
How to install Mi Flash Tool on Windows?
Just follow these simple steps to install Mi Flash Tool on Windows PC running Win 10, 8 and 7.
- Right click on the Mi Flash tool ZIP and extract the file to get the MiFlashSetup.msi installer file.
- Double click on the XiaoMiFlash installer file to run it and once in the Miflash window, click on ‘Next’ to process to next step.
- Choose the directory where you want to install the file or let it choose the default storage.
- Once again click on ‘Next to confirm the installation.
- The installer will begin and install Mi Flash Tool on your Windows PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click on ‘Close’ button to exit the installer.
That’s it! We hope you have successfully learned to install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on Windows PC. Stay tuned with gadgetstwist for more updates!
pic credit: mi forum