Finally after the US govt lifted sanction from the Chinese manufacturer ZTE, the company is once again returns to it’s routine works. Those sanctions have stopped the company to release any update for it’s devices and now here is the first update rolling out for the ZTE Axon 7 A2017U. The update brings Android 8.0 Oreo OS for the device, arriving as build A2017UV2.1.0B20 the update is readily available to download from this post.
Android 8.0 Oreo A2017UV2.1.0B20 firmware for ZTE Axon 7 – Details
Needless to say the stock Oreo update for ZTE Axon 7 brings goodies of Android Oreo including Picture In Picture mode (PiP), Improved Doze mode for better battery backup, revamped notifications shade and setting menu, auto-fill, notifications dots, faster booting speed and much more.
You can install the ZTE Axon 7 Oreo B20 firmware via sideload, don’t worry we’ll guide you to clean install the ROM on your device. Official firmware installation doesn’t delete anything but there is a draw back with this firmware installation, it will delete everything on your device due to encryption issue. So we recommend you to make a secure backup of your device before installing the Oreo update.
How to install the stock Oreo A2017UV2.1.0B20 OTA on ZTE Axon 7
Before you begin:
Make sure your device must have 60% charge.
Make a secure backup of your data before the firmware installation.
- First download the Axon 7 B20 OTA zip from above and rename it to update.zip.
- Now rename the downloaded b20 firmware to update.zip and move it to the SDcard.
- Remove your Google account from the phone to avoid FRP lock on your device.
- Insert the SDCard into your device.
- Turn off your device completely, and while the phone is turned off press and hold the “Power” and the “Volume Up” buttons simultaneously to enter recovery mode.
- Using volume keys choose the “Apply update from SD card” option and hit the power key
- Select the zip package A2017UV2.1.0B20_SD.zip and press power to started the installation process.
Wait for the process to complete.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your device on Android 8.0 Oreo. Congrats.